Bridgford Consultancy is the trading name of Edmonds Consultancy Ltd
Bridgford Consultancy is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will not share your details with anyone else for marketing purposes.
We take our responsibilities under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) very seriously. We will comply with the spirit and the letter of the guidance provided by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). You can find information about ICO at their website.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this document carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The law requires us to determine how we process your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- Information you give us
This can be information you give us by filling in your details on our Contact Us page on our website, by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise, or attending a learning & development event facilitated by us. This includes information you provide when you enter into a contract to receive our services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial information for invoice purposes. It may also include answers to questionnaires relevant to the subject of a learning & development event.
- Information about our interactions with us
When you visit our website, we collect information about how you interact with our content. When we send you a mailing, we store a record of responses.
Sensitive personal data
Data protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect this type of information about our contacts unless there is a clear reason for doing so. For example, we may invite delegates to let us know dietary requirements or any other special requests or requirements for a learning & development event.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information you give us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you with information about services we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website contains hyperlinks to websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Although your browser software enables you to disable cookies we recommend that you allow the use of them to take advantage of the features of our website that rely on their use. If you prevent their use, you will not be able to use all the functionality of our website.
- To collect information about how visitors use our website. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors to the site have come from and the pages they visited.
- RETENTION & REVIEW OF INFORMATION
We only keep your personal data for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with the law. How long this is depends on the type of information and how it is used.
We continually review the information we hold and delete what is no longer required.
You may review or update the information that we hold about you, or if you wish, request the removal of any personally identifiable information about you. You can do this via the contact form on our website or in writing (address given below).
As soon as we no longer need to keep your information for the purpose it was given or if you withdraw your consent from us we will securely dispose of the information by shredding any paper-based information and securely deleting any computer records.
- STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Bridgford Consultancy will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement. Information you provide to us is stored on our secure network server. Access is restricted and password protected. Any paper records are kept secure in locked cupboards/filing cabinets.
We have taken steps to ensure that any person working for Bridgford Consultancy fully understand their obligations under GDPR.
In the event of any breach in personal data we will report it within 72 hours and notify the data subject. We will carry out a full investigation and take appropriate action to ensure a breach does not happen again.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have a right to:
- ask us for a copy of any data that we hold about you;
- have any data that is incorrect, corrected;
- ask us not to process your personal data;
- have your data deleted in certain circumstances
If you are unhappy with the way we are managing your personal information or wish to change it please contact our Data Controller. (See Contacts below).
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the following:
- Our business associates employed to carry out work on our behalf.
- Analytics who assist us in the improvement of our website.
- Legal authorities, such as the Government and their agencies if they request, and if they have the proper authorisation.
- A third party in the event that the business assets are acquired, in which case personal data held about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
The Policy was last reviewed on 21 May 2018
If you have any comments or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the data protection controller at the following address:
Data Protection Controller
Bridgford Consultancy (trading name of Edmonds Consultancy Ltd)
The Old Barn